How to Clean Remote Control How long have you not cleaned the remote control of your electronic devices? Have you set your course...
How to Clean Remote Control
How long have you not cleaned the remote control of your electronic devices? Have you set your course inside the house?
If you are reading How to Clean Remote Control, it is probably because you have heard rumors about the bacterial load of some household items, then we mention the background that allowed the scientific community to say that:
The remote control during a normal day, goes from hand to hand, falls to the ground, sinks into the couch next to dust and dirt, falls into the bed, sneeze, scratch, eat and despite the fact that we wash our hands (there is no first person to wash them to take charge), "anything that people touch has germs"; A study from the University of Virginia found that half of the remote controls tested positive for the cold virus.
In the command are traces or remains of urine, semen, feces and a large number of cold viruses and other germs. Recently two conscientious investigations have been highlighted internationally that have been done on the remote control; you will not believe the results:
On the one hand, the University of Arizona conducted a hospital study to establish the sites that most influenced deadly infections in hospitals; different points of the hospital and rooms that had contact with people and patients were analyzed, such as handrails, call buttons, knobs, handles, toilet, taps, entrance doors, among others.
The results would be surprised when you know how to clean remote control and start cleaning it;
- The average number of bacteria found in the sites in general (including the toilet bowl) and that were used by several people in the hospitals was 91 different types of bacteria.
- The average number of bacteria in the remote control used by a single patient was 320.
- In the process, several remotes or remotes that were new and just opened were analyzed, which showed the presence of less than 9 bacteria.
- The studies showed that the control contains 3 times more bacteria causing hospital diseases that cause an impressive expense, in addition to 90,000 deaths per year according to the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Even more disturbing is the detection of bacteria and viruses such as Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) which is also resistant to antibiotics.
NOTE: It seems important to comment that the previous study was done in the rooms when the patient had vacated them and after cleaning.
On the other hand, the University of Houston did a study in the hotels and presented its conclusions in the meeting of the American Society for Microbiology; we highlight the following:
- The remote control is the main carrier of bacteria in hotels, with much more concentration than handles, bedspreads, mattresses, toilets, and sinks, just another place "almost" reaches you in hotels and hospitals, the grandmother will comment at the end.
- As you may have noticed, most of the controls are not designed to be easily cleaned, their buttons, shape, and inability to wet, make it "seem" very expensive, and we say look because it is really easy to reduce the presence of germs and bacteria in them.
HOW TO PREVENT THE BACTERIA, GERMS, AND MICROBIOS IN THE REMOTE CONTROL
To start, the way to protect your remote control is very simple, there are different devices in the market for that purpose; You can start by finding out the latest range of remote controls that are being developed in the market and that have less edges (smooth) thus avoiding the accumulation of microbes and facilitating their disinfection (see the previous figure of the CleanRemote brand).
You can check the controls when buying your appliances and if the price is similar, opt for the one that has the new technology in remote controls.
Another way to protect them is to buy a case for remote controls; At this point, we clarify that its function is to avoid direct contact with the device and facilitate the cleaning mentioned below.
Finally, the plastic bag and the adhesive tape (which can be considered in poor taste), is a very simple solution. You can use the same factory bag and adjust it more efficiently with the tape. Like the previous ones, the intention is that it can be cleaned in 20 seconds.